Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A New and Improved PET

Wednesday I had my first PET scan since my diagnosis. It was non-eventful; the only humorous happening was my vet tech who looked like the lovechild of Lurch and Elliot Yamin. Well, at least that's something.

And the news that came back was awesome! The tumor has shrunk by a third, from 14 cm to 9 and change cm. It's also much less active which means it's hardly growing any more. Happy dance.

In other news, I'm getting out into the land of the living a bit more. Cason and I went to see "Billy Elliot" over the weekend. The show was amazing, but I got to be more amused by the suburbanites who brought their children. For those of you who've never seen the original movie the musical is based on, it's R-rated with a ton of profanity and sexuality (of the hetero and homo variety). Parents apparently thought that just b/c it was a musical about a kid overcoming his poor background, it was appropriate to bring children of all ages to. Not so much. But I got a good laugh out of it.

In slightly more sad news, my feelings got hurt b/c the whole time we were out, people kept staring at my bald head. I mean, I know I look a bit strange, but didn't parents ever teach their kids it's rude to stare. On the upside, Cason would catch some of them and stare back at them and make them feel uncomfortable.

Jaclyn came down on Sunday and we had girly shopping time which was awesome, which was followed by a whole meal of food and frozen yogurt (bonus points if you get the movie reference). My dog is still doing well in Winder and is still completely obsessed with Jac's husband, who does not return the adoration. Jaclyn thinks the whole thing is hysterical, especially when, on Richard's birthday, she decided to be nice and take the dogs out in the morning, but Buca refused to go with her and ran back into the bedroom to wait on Richard. I don't know what he's going to do when he comes home...

1 comment:

  1. Seriously.........what was with the old ladies staring?! However the gasps at Billy Elliot when F@#$ was shouted was kind of priceless. Ha.

    ReplyDelete